|Early on a Thursday night|
|The small bar|
|Only part of a giant library of games|
|Board Games in front Halo 2 in the back|
|One of the smaller screens|
|The Drink Menu|
|A busy Tuesday night at the Foundry, bar in the back|
Frequently game developers showcase their kickstarter projects and newly funded board games at the tables directly across the bar. Other tables nearby host people playing Nintendo handheld games via the mobile network and the inevitable large group of Jenja players.
|Winning @ SF Game Night|
|Beer pong @ SF Game Night|
- Sign up for tournaments early. Halo's two on two closes at 9pm, or when 8 teams have signed up.
- Bring your friends! It's next to impossible to rope people you've never met into a two hour game of Settlers of Catan.
- Several gaming stations run emulators for everything from "Aladdin" to "Zombies Ate My Neighbors". Get there early or wait in line if you want to choose what to play.
- Game nights are busiest from 8:30pm - 10:30pm. Tuesdays are busier than Thursdays.
- Developers can get info on showcasing their indie game at firstname.lastname@example.org
or follow Showdown.gg on Twitter
Megan Marie Fox currently lives in San Francisco. Comic-Con is her favorite holiday.
Did you enjoy this article? Follow us on Facebook to get more great content! We have a weekly podcast you can find on our main site. Also follow us on Twitter and Tumblr!