|That's a player, in his apartment, looking at a player flying a jet.|
Here's what we learned from that video:
1) Online mode will have missions, leading us to believe that there's some MMO style gameplay in the mix.
2) There is a "create a mission" mode, allowing you to create and customize your own races and deathmatch style games
3) Players can purchase property including apartments and garages to stash their ill-gotten gains.
4) You can make teams, or "crews" to run the city with you, robbing banks, knocking over liquor stores, and competing in races and activities like base jumping and golf.
But there's more to it than even that. Our friends over at Gamespot have a huge article they put up today with even more details. Here's some of the juicier tidbits:
1) There will be a stock market, where players can buy and sell stock in what I can only presume is a player run economy.
2) Jumping into GTA Online from your GTA5 single player game will be seamless - you simply select your Online character from the same character wheel that allows you to switch between the three main characters.
3) The game will borrow Red Dead's free roam mode - when you jump in, you're randomly matched in a world with 16 other players. However, you'll be able to use your friends list to jump into different games. (More proof that everything Rockstar's done over the past few years has been a testing ground for GTA5.)
4) The game will suggest roles for each member of the crew to fill on specific missions, but allow you to come up with your own tactics to complete them.
Now GTA Online will not be available at retail, but will patch into the game on October 1st. Which is a smidge painful, but at least it will allow me a little bit of the single player campaign before I lose my entire life to the online mode. How about it listeners - who wants to form a crew?